I never liked squash before this recipe.
2-3 summer squash // 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil // 1/4 cup pine nuts // 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil // 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese // 1 clove garlic, minced // 2 tsp lemon juice // 1/4 tsp salt // vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Cut the squash diagonally in 1/4″ elliptical slices.
2. Lay squash slices out on a pan and lightly coat both sides with cooking spray.
3. Toast pine nuts in a skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until golden brown.
1. Grill squash over medium heat. Flip them over after a few minutes to get both sides.
2. To make the rustic pesto, simply mix the basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
3. Arrange a plate with your grilled squash and spoon pesto liberally over top. Enjoy!