This one is a favorite. It’s really quick to prepare, plus super tasty.
3-4 zucchini (or summer squash) // 2 lemons // olive oil // salt
1. Cut the ends off the zucchini, then quarter them lengthwise into spears.
2. Throw zucchini into a quart-sized ziploc bag.
3. Drizzle some olive oil into ziploc bag and massage the zucchini around to ensure good coverage.
4. Zest one lemon and sprinkle into ziploc. Squeeze the lemon juice into the bag.
5. Zest the second lemon and set aside. We’ll add this after grilling.
6. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to ziploc.
7. Massage the bag one more time to ensure everything gets a good mix.
8. Let this sit for about 20 minutes.
1. Place the zucchini spears on a medium-heat grill.
2. Rotate them periodically to get that nice grilled look on all 3 sides.
3. Grab the lemon zest you’ve set aside and mix in a pinch or two of salt.
4. Arrange the spears on a plate and sprinkle the lemon salt across them. Enjoy!